Are there universities in Nigeria that do not require JAMB result? Many young people believe that this is a test that is almost impossible to avoid. In fact, such educational institutions really exist. So don’t be afraid that you will not pass JAMB. Go the easier way and get an education in one of the universities listed in this post.
It’s really useful to know the universities in Nigeria that don’t require JAMB. In most cases, even passing it successfully you should make a lot of efforts to become a student. The next round of qualification exams is POST UTME. All these stages cause a lot of stress and anxiety. Any young man/woman will avoid them with pleasure. Let’s talk about the most convenient ways to get a higher education.
1. NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
NOUN is a university that accept student without JAMB. This institution was created to provide education for people of all age categories. Even adults who have a permanent job can study there. Campuses of this institution exist in almost every major Nigerian city. The simplicity of the application makes them quite popular and in demand.
Applicants must pay a fee for submitting an application on the E-payment portal. It is necessary to indicate the information regarding the selected program, O level results, other requested data in the special form. If you meet the requirements of the educational institution (the general assessment is based on the compliance with O level standards), you can begin to study without passing JAMB exam.
2. INTERIM JOINT ADMISSION MATRICULATION BOARD (IJMB)
This is another popular way to get admission into university without JAMB. This program lasts 1-1.5 years and is accepted by most educational institutions in the north of the country. There are also several suitable universities in the West and East. For example, these are Ekiti state university Ado–Ekiti; University of Agriculture Abeokuta, Ogun State; Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka and Abia State; University Uturu, Abia state; University of Ilorin.
3. DIPLOMA/BASIC/PRE-DEGREE PROGRAM
If you want to use this way to get direct entry without JAMB, you have to register for a one year of few months diploma programme in the school you are interested in. Then once you to pass your courses with a required grade point you’ll get direct admission into 200 level B.Sc.
Depending on the school and the course, you will have to spend 1-3 years on such a program. After its completion, you will receive a direct admission with 200 level. Pre-degree is designed for 7-9 months depending on the school.
This is another convenient option which will allow you to avoid JAMB. JUPEB is the national examination body responsible for assessing the knowledge of students who want to get a direct entries. This program operates in some of the best Nigerian institutions.
Successful candidates start at level 200. You need to have at least 5 O’level credits for registration. As a rule, the program lasts 1 year.
You can get direct entry via JUPEB at the following educational institutions:
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abueokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Akoka–Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo, Uyo
6. FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES
JAMB is a purely Nigerian exam that you do not have to take in any other country. Your WAEC or GCE results will be quite enough. However, it should be borne in mind that you must pass other tests such as TOEFL, GMAT, IELTS, etc.
7. PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES
Private educational institutions function according to their own rules, so many of them do not need the results of JAMB examination. If you do not want to go through this test or did not score the required number of points, a private university can be your chance.
However, do not think that such educational institutions do not make any demands on students. You will need to get sufficient WAEC and NECO marks. In the rest, everything is quite simple. The main thing is to provide tuition fees and you will be able to obtain the desired profession freely.
Consider the list of private universities that accept direct entry:
- Babcock University, llishan Remo
- Madonna University, Okija
- Igbinedion University, Okada
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Redeemers University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nke, Enugu
- Bingham University, AutaBalefi, Karu, Nasarawa State
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Crawford University, Igbesa, Ogun State
- Kwararafa University, Wukari (formerly Wukari Jubilee University)
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Novena University, Ogume, Delta State
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji Osun State
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Tansian University, Umunya, Anambra State
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
- The Achievers University, Owo
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu- Nike, Enugu State
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
- Paul University, Awka, Anambra State
- Rhema University, Obeama-Asa, Rivers State
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa, Edo State
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Baze University, Abuja
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Elizade University, llara- Mokin, Ondo State
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- McPherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo, Ogun State
- Southwestern University, Okun Owa, Ogun State
- Augustine, University, llara, Lagos State
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Hallmark University, Ijebu Itele, Ogun State
- Kings University, Ode Omu, Osun State
- Michael and Cecilia Ibru University, Owhrode, Delta State
- Mountain Top University, Ogun State
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
- Summit University, Offa, Kwara State
- Edwin Clark University, University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos
- Arthur Jarvis Akpabuyo University, Calabar, Cross River
- Clifford University, Owerinta, Abia
- Coal City University, Enugu
- Crown Hill University, Kwara
- Dominican University, Ibadan, Oyo
- Kola Daisy University, also in Ibadan
- Legacy University, Okija, Anambra State
Now Nigerians who dream about higher education may no longer worry about the JAMB exam. As you can see, there are many ways to avoid it and get the profession of your dreams in a prestigious university. Good luck!