- 2 – 3 cups of Ukwa – depending on how many people you are feeding
- 1 cup of shredded smoked fish
- Palm oil
- Knorr/Maggi cubes
- 2 – 3 pieces of ata rodo
- Rinse the Ukwa, add water to the pot to cook it. You can use a pressure pot to save time or add potash to make it cook quicker
- Once it has softened sufficiently, check the water level. If it has absorbed all the water, add a little more, just enough to top it, then add fresh pepper, palm oil, salt and 1 Knorr cube. Stir and just let it cook till the palm oil and pepper blend with the flavour of the Ukwa and the pale cream colour has changed to a brown shade of yellow. You may wish to mash it slightly with a wooden spoon to make it creamy like beans pottage.
- Raymond Onyebuchi is the Chief Editor and Web Developer at Naijawapaz Media. He has been publishing for over 6 years. He worked with some top media personalities in Nigeria like Munachi Abii. Raymond once owned a news website that ranked amongst the top 100 in Nigeria. He is tech-savvy, he loves gadgets and not really a fan of sports.