Dubai is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates famously known for its outlandish,fabulous and luxury lifestyle
With an ultra modern architecture and a lively nightlife scene .Its a popular spot for tourists,this post contains current information on how you can apply for a Dubai visa from Nigeria and also its requirements.
Before you decide to apply for a Dubai visa,you should know the type of visa you would want to apply for and the duration of stay,some of the Dubai visas available include:
- 1. Short Term Visit Single Entry – 30 Days
- 2. Short Term Visit Single Entry –14 days
- 3. 96 Hours Visa
- 4. 90 Days Visit Visa
- 5. Multi Entry Long Term Visa
- 6. Multi Entry Short Term Visa
Types of Dubai Visas
1. Short Term Visit Single Entry
This type of dubai visa is non-extendable and is valid for 30 days stay in Dubai.
Visa is valid for 58 days from the date of issue.Also note that this Visa is only issued to family members who want to visit Dubai for tourist purposes only.
Proof of profession must be attached.If you intend to travel alone,this visa wont be issued to you..
2. Short Term Visit Single Entry – 14 days:
This is the only type of Visa that can be issued to you easily as a Nigerian and it lasts for only 14 Days.
This visa is non-extendable and valid for 14 days stay in Dubai,Also Visa is valid for 14 days from the date of issue,that means you must travel the moment your issued your visa.
Also your expected to attach documents like your bank statements,hotel bookings,credit card /debit card or proof of profession.
3. 96 Hours Visa
This Visa is valid only for 96 hours and is ideal for travelers who are enroute to another destination and also travelers who plan to stay for a period of less than 4 days.
This type of Visa is best for travelers having business meetings or taking an impromptu or quick stopovers en route to their onward journey,this type of visa is issued to single individuals and the the applicant also needs to attach the visa for onwards destination.
4. 90 Days Visit Visa
This Visa is valid for 90 days and made available to travelers that want to stay in Dubai for up to two months.
This type of Visa is preferred by travelers going to UAE for holidays or to visit family and friends.
As of writing this post,note that this visa is suspended till further notice.
5. Multi Entry Long Term Visa
This Visa is valid for 90 days made available to travelers who want to stay in Dubai for up to two months,also having a longer stay and traveling multiple times to Dubai.
The visa is valid for 58 days from the date of issue and the visitor can enter UAE multiple times and stay there for 90 Days from the first entry into Dubai.
As of writing this post,note that this visa is suspended and not available for Nigerian applicants presently.
6. Multi Entry Short Term Visa
This is a multiple entry visa and is non-extendable, valid for 30 days stay. Visa is valid for only 58 days from the date of issue.
Also note that Multiple entry visa once utilized cannot be cancelled. The applicant would have to await expiry of the visa validity.
Multi Entry Short Term visa is suspended till further notice.
So in conclusion as of July 2017 the only type of Dubai visa available for Nigerians are the 30 Days Short Term Visit Single Entry For family members who want to visit Dubai for tourism,the Short Term Visit Single Entry that is valid for 14 days and the 96 Hours Visa for travellers en route another destination.
How To Apply / Requirements For A Dubai Visa From Nigeria 2018/2019
- Original Nigerian International Passport for verification purposes,Passport must be valid for more than six months.
- Colored Passport Copies – Photo page and Bio Page in colour & Profession page, expiry and any other special endorsement page.
- One Coloured Passport Size Photograph (Indicate full name on the reverse side of the photo & PPT No)
- Emirates Airline confirmed ticket.
- An applicant who has traveled at least once in the last 2 years to the UAE, USA, UK, Schengen countries, Australia, New Zealand and Canada or has a valid visa for USA, UK, Schengen countries, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
- Pages in the Previous / Current International passport exhibiting the evidence of the travel / visa stamped.
- Original letter from the Bank to state that the passenger has a Bank Account in Nigeria and that they have sufficient funds for their stay in Dubai.
- Original Bank Statement (for the past 6 Months) with the bank seal and signature and Salary Slips (with the company seal and signature) of the passenger OR
- Security Deposit equivalent to USD 1550 (Refundable upon return and after producing the entry and exit stamp in UAE). The security amount is payable in Naira equivalent.
- Now that you are ready with all your documents visit the UAE visa application centre to apply for their visa to UAE.
- You can also apply online.
- Please ensure all original documents are taken to the visa application centre for verification purposes.
- Ensure coloured photos are as per specifications Size 4.3 cms x 5.5 cms preferably white background.
Also note that the UAE Visa application centers don’t function on the following days below:
The UAE Visa application centre in Nigeria will be closed on the following public holidays in 2017:
- DATE HOLIDAYS 2017
- 1 January New year day
- 2 January New year day holiday
- 8 March Womens day
- 14 April Good friday
- 17 April Easter monday
- 1 May Worker’s day
- 29 May Democracy day
- 15 June Children’s day
- 26 June Eid el fitri
- 1 September Id el kabir
- 1 October Independence day
- 25 December Christmas day
- 26 December Boxing day