The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting our vision and goals. The scholarship program awards scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries, and have been offered admission to specific universities in Nigeria.
The DOF scholars program grants individuals the opportunity to acquire a first degree at top schools in the African continent. It grants individuals the opportunity to build up the leadership potentials that are so evidently lacking in the leaders of our today’s society, through the yearly programs and community development initiatives.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- 80% recorded average or 0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship.
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 (In accordance to the University stipulated time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Selection Criteria.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE:
|27th May||Applications Open|
|14th June||Application Closes|
How to Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship.
GENERAL APPLICATION TIPS
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet based application You will need to access a computer and internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order to upload required documents.
- You do not have to finish your application in one You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated in English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
ONLINE APPLICATION SECTIONS
General/Contact Information Section
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form
- You will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage
- Information filled in Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians
- The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
- Insert Primary School Name, Certificate obtained g. (primary school leaving certificate etc.), duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete education at the school indicated.
- Add New for multiple schools attended at primary/basic level
- Insert Secondary/High School Name, Certificate obtained g. (junior/senior school leaving certificate, High school diploma etc.), Duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated.
- Add New for multiple schools attended at secondary level until
- Insert Post-Secondary Institution Name (e.g. A’level, Technical college, University), Certificate obtained g. (A levels, BSc, Diploma etc.), Duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated.
- Insert proposed University of Study and proposed course of Remember that the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is specific at this time to only Covenant and Landmark University. It is also course specific; hence you would have the option of only choosing from the available options.
- For the exam results section, the name of the Nationally Recognized O’level exams should be inserted including the date the exam was taken. (This exam varies for different countries).
- All subjects taken should be captures in the exam results section along with corresponding grades
- Combination of two different certificate exams is not permitted
- JAMB result is specific to ONLY Nigerian All Nigerian applicants must insert JAMB result for application to be considered
- Insert personal information and contact details for an Academic referee (i.e. academic staff who is aware of your academic progress and other school related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the ‘upload credentials’ section of the application.
- Insert personal information and contact details for a Religious Referee (i.e. a cleric who is aware of your spiritual progress and other personal and character related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the uploads section of the application.
- Note that parents or guardians CANNOT to be listed as referees
- This section includes 5 essay questions that must be Each essay has a word limit of 500 words and must under no circumstances be exceeded. Your responses would give an opportunity to the selection committee to better understand you as a leader, including your desire to participate in the program.
- English language proficiency is required for participation in the Scholarship All activities and communication would be done in English without the opportunity for translation. Please fill in the portion of the application evaluating your language skills as accurately as possible.
APPLIATION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on 14th July, 2019.