Applications are open for The Cargill Global Scholars Program (CGSP) organized by the by the Institute of International Education on behalf of Cargill. The scholarship is open to undergraduate students from Brazil, China, India, Russia, Indonesia, and the United States.
Global Scholars is a global program designed to promote leadership capability, critical thinking skills and global networks for scholars, global leaders for scholars, decision makers, visionary and socially aware innovators.
Course Level: The scholarship is open to pursuing an undergraduate degree program.
Scholarship can be taken in the United States
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second-year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
- In order to be eligible for an award, applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the country in which they apply, be enrolled at a partner university, and be a first or second-year full-time university student. Documentation required will base on the requirements of the countries application.
- Upon acceptance into to the Global Scholars Program, students must:
- Adhere to Cargill Scholars Code of Conduct.
- Attend both the In-Country (Year 1) and Global Seminars (Year 2).
- Participate in the mentorship program by communicating with their assigned Cargill Mentor, Cargill Staff, and IIE Staff.
- Remain enrolled in partner college/university, in addition to maintenance of required GPA requirements.
Method of Application: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link:
To apply for the 2018-2019 application cycle, select the link below based on your program country of eligibility.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Open