The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS).
Eligible countries: International students (especially from developing countries)
To be taken in (country): Sweden
Accepted Subject Areas: SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2019. Check the list of master’s programmes that are eligible for SISGP.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must
- have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
- be from an eligible country
- display academic qualifications and leadership experience.
- be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes..
- have demonstrated leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school studies.
- Read more about the selection criteria, target countries, and eligible master programmes (in link below) before applying.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 300 scholarships will be awarded
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
Duration of Scholarships: The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships is intended for full-time master’s level studies of one or two years, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
Method of Application: The application process consists of these steps.
- Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
- Apply for a SISGP scholarship
- Notifications from University Admissions
- Announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship recipients
It is important to go through ALL Application requirements before applying for this scholarship
Scholarship Application Deadline:
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2018 – 15 January 2019.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 4-14 February 2019, follow the instructions below.