Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities: Singaporean citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Singapore citizens
- Doctoral candidates who have recently completed or are about to complete their studies in a discipline relevant to SMU
- Excellent academic record plus a high degree of proficiency and motivation for selected research area
- Have been accepted or have applied for a post-doctoral training at a leading overseas university in a research area that is aligned with SMU’s core areas of excellence
- A keen interest in an academic career at SMU
Method of Application:
Interested candidates are required to complete and submit the Overseas Post-doctoral Fellowship Application Form to START_OPF_Coordinator-at-smu.edu.sg along with the following:
- Personal statement detailing the motivation for pursuing an academic career at SMU
- Research statement that includes a synopsis of applicant’s PhD research and how the applicant’s research interests are aligned with SMU’s core areas of excellence
- 2-3 research papers, of which at least one shall be related to applicant’s PhD work
- Outline of proposed post-doctoral training programme and how it would benefit the applicant and SMU
- Detailed CV
- Degree certificates & academic transcripts
- Names and email addresses of three references whom you have approached to provide a referee report on applicant. Referees to send the referee reports to SMU at START_OPF_Coordinator-at-smu.edu.sg directly.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications may be submitted throughout the year but candidates are advised to submit them at least nine months prior to the intended commencement date of the post-doctoral training.