Masters in Public Health Scholarships; The University of Manchester is delighted to announce scholarships for five students from Nigeria and five students from Tanzania for the Distance Learning Master of Public Heath Programme, funded by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
The scholarships are provided by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission to support Nigerian or Tanzanian citizens resident in their own country, who would not otherwise be able to study for a UK qualification.
The scholarships cover tuition fees, required text books, funds to attend a yearly two day study skills event held in your country and a small stipend to cover connectivity costs.
Be a citizen of Nigeria or Tanzania resident in your own country and have not previously studied abroad, or undertaken a UK distance learning course.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in Nigeria or Tanzania within the health care sector.
- Have a clear idea how studying the MPH would benefit your country.
- Hold a first or 2.1 undergraduate degree classification in a relevant subject (students with unclassified degrees e.g. medicine will need to provide transcripts)
- Have regular access to a PC and a reliable internet connection, as well as experience using word processing packages and a valid and regularly used email address. If you are unsure about these, please visit the MPH website: “Applying and Registering”>”System Requirements”
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of application
- Satisfy the MPH English language requirementsMethod of Application:Your application must include a personal statement outlining how the scholarship will impact on your professional development and enable you to make a fuller contribution to development in your country.
You will need to complete the form using the Electronic Application System (EAS) on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission web site.
The CSC website above provides full details on how to register with the EAS, complete the form and submit the form.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 21st May, 2019.