Lagos State University, LASU Sandwich Degree programmes admission forms for the 2018/2019 academic session are now on sale.
LASU Sandwich form is now available for purchase online. See how to apply below.
Authority of the Lagos State University (LASU) invites application from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the university various Sandwich Degree programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
LASU Sandwich Programmes and Requirements.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
B. SC (ED), B. A (ED) AND B. ED: FOUR (4) AND FIVE (5) YEARS SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
ii. B.Sc. Education: Economics, Political Science, Geography, Business Education, Accounting Education, Educational Management.
iv. B. Ed.: Early Childhood and Primary Education, Guidance and Counselling Education.
i. Five (5) O’ Level Credit or TC II Merit Passes at not more than Two (2) sittings and Two (2) of the subjects at A’ Level or NCE Merit Passes in relevant areas.
ii. A University/Polytechnic 2-year Diploma Certificate in the relevant area obtained at not less than Merit level.
iii. Advanced Diploma in Sports from Nigerian Institute for Sports.
SPECIFIC SUBJECT AREA REQUIREMENTS
i. English Major: Credit Pass in Literature in English, English Language and Mathematics at O’ Level or its equivalent.
ii. Economics Major: Credit Pass in English Language, Mathematics and Economics
iii. Physical and Health Education, Political Science Major: At least a Credit Pass in English Language and Credit
Pass in Mathematics or its O’ Level equivalent.
iv. Health Education Major: (i) A Credit Pass in English Language and Credit Pass in Mathematics (ii) Holders of Staff Registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificate, Environmental Health Plus Five (5) O’ Level Credit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also eligible.
v. Mathematics and Science Major: Credit Pass in Mathematics and English Language.
- Merit in Arithmetic Possessed at TC II is acceptable as equivalent for O’ Level Mathematics, other considerations: ICAN (Part II) CIS (Part II) are acceptable for Economics
- Holders of Certificate issued by recognized Arabic Institution who may not have written Arabic at SSCE/GCE O’Level will be considered for admission subject to the fulfilment of other entry requirements. NCE (Arabic) at Merit Level is also acceptable.
- LASU accepts any other Arts/Social Science subject in lieu of Yoruba.
- LASU accepts only NCE (Merit) in English and one other Arts subject.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Health, Physical Education, Social Work, Health Administration and overall grades of Merit plus Three (3) O’ Level Credit/TC II Merit Passes, which should include English Language.
- FIVE (5) YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMME: The Five (5) year Degree Programme is designed for Candidates with NCE but who fall short of entry qualification for the Four (4) year Sandwich Degree Programme.
How to Apply for LASU Sandwich Admission.
Application Form is obtainable from Lagos State University Website: www.lasu.edu.ng on the payment of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only, as application fee. Candidates are required to submit a copy of their printed on-line application forms and appropriate scratch card(s) to the Directorate of Sandwich Degree Programme.
DISCLAIMER: Any applicant who pays money into any individual/other account Or through other means aside from the one above, does so to his/her own disadvantage.
CLOSING DATE: Application closes Five (5) Weeks from the date of this publication.
PLEASE NOTE: Entrance Examination and Interview will hold on Saturday, 21st July, 2018 by 8.00am, at the 3-in-1 and Faculty of Education Classrooms, Main Campus, Ojo Lagos.
Candidates are advised to come along with their writing materials and originals as well as photocopies of all their credentials.