The Japan Africa Dreams Fully Funded Scholarship Program for Young Africans in Japan, 2018 is now made available for Africans who are interested in pursing a 2 year Masters degree program in Japan.
This scholarship program is created to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa in a number of priority areas pertaining to science and technology with a special focus on the energy sector.
Application Deadline: Varying by institutions
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applicants must be Citizens of the above mentioned countries
Applicants must have completed their bachelors degree program
Applicants should be 35 years old or younger; in good health
Applicants must Have 1 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree
Applicants must be proficient in English Language.
Application Process: The scholarship application must be complete through the university of choice and include two professional references
1. Applicant requests for application information from any African partner university.
2. Applicant receives application forms of their preferred Japanese partner institution.
3. Applicant completes required documents for application including JADS information sheet.
4. Applicant sends documents to the selected Japanese partner university.
5. University sends shortlist of candidates to AfDB.
6. AfDB review submission from universities.
7. AfDB recommends awardees based on its selection criteria to the Japanese. Executive Director for approval
8. AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs partner universities.
9. AfDB organizes a seminar of all scholars at the AfDB headquarters in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Visit The Official Website For More Information
- Raymond Onyebuchi is the Chief Editor and Web Developer at Naijawapaz Media. He has been publishing for over 6 years. He worked with some top media personalities in Nigeria like Munachi Abii. Raymond once owned a news website that ranked amongst the top 100 in Nigeria. He is tech-savvy, he loves gadgets and not really a fan of sports.