- 3 bunches of chopped pumpkin leaves (ugwu)
- 1 bunch of water leaves
- 3 cups beef/kpomo/shaki/goat meat
- 2 tablespoons crayfish
- 1/2 cup palm oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup of periwinkles (optional)
- 2 Magi cubes
- Add the meats and boil with salt, pepper, 2 Knorr cubes and half of an onion. Boil the meats separately because of different cooking times. Cook all meats until tender and there is little to no water left in the pot. 30-50mins.
- Once the water is dry, add the crayfish, pepper and palm oil and stir into the meat. If using periwinkles, add them at this time and stir. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the waterleaves/efo, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin leaves (ugwu) and cook for 5 more minutes. Check for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Stir often so it does not get burned. Do not add water. The palm oil is the only liquid in this soup.
- Once ready serve with pounded yam, garri or semolina
- Raymond Onyebuchi is the Chief Editor and Web Developer at Naijawapaz Media. He has been publishing for over 6 years. He worked with some top media personalities in Nigeria like Munachi Abii. Raymond once owned a news website that ranked amongst the top 100 in Nigeria. He is tech-savvy, he loves gadgets and not really a fan of sports.