A British court on Wednesday sentenced two restaurant bosses to prison after they were convicted of causing the death of a 15-year-old girl who suffered an extreme allergic reaction to traces of nuts in a takeaway meal.
It, therefore, sentenced Kuddus to two years and Rashid to three years in prison.
Karen Tonge of the Crown Prosecution Service said ahead of the sentencing that Lee died because the men had “failed to protect her as their customer.’’
“Their manifest failures and complete disregard for the safety of customers was astonishing.
“No appropriate systems or conditions were in place to protect Megan or any customer with a known allergy,’’ Tonge said.
Another restaurant owner was sentenced to six years in prison in 2016 after the death of a 38-year-old man in a similar case in North-Eastern England.