Anthony Joshua is rated as one of the World’s highest paid athletes this year according to Forbes.
Anthony Joshua is a British born boxer and a former bricklayer that has Nigerian roots. He tattooed the map of Africa on his arm and highlighted Nigeria,according to him,some of the lessons he learnt as a child in Nigeria was instrumental to his success.
In this article we are going to take a look at the current net worth of Anthony Joshua this year,his biography and some quick facts about the heavyweight boxer that you probably never knew.
Anthony Joshua Current Net Worth (Forbes)
Q: Quick Facts About Anthony Joshua?
- 1. Anthony Joshua was born Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua,on the 15th of October 1989 at Watford, Hertfordshire,England. He won a Gold medal at the 2012 Olympics for Great Britain. Joshua is a professional boxer and the current world
- heavyweight champion. He has not yet recorded any loss since he started his professional career. He knocks out his opponents mostly by knockout.
- 2. Joshua’s mom is a Nigerian while his father is an English man with Irish and Nigerian ancestry that can be traced back to the Yoruba tribe in Nigeria. He spent some time in Nigeria at a boarding school in Nigeria when he was 12 years before he later went back to finish his education at Kings Langley Secondary School.
- 3. Femi as he is fondly called by his close friends because of his Yoruba name ‘Oluwafemi’,ventured into boxing at the age of 18,his cousin encouraged him to take up the sport,according to him,he took up the sport to win medals not for money,later he joined Britain’s Boxing team due to his domestic wins in the UK.
- 4. He was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) for his services to boxing at the 2013 New Year Honours.
- 5. Joshua likes playing Chess and reading,according to him,it will help him to master his boxing and tactical abilities.Many people never knew that Joshua was once a bricklayer before he became a world class professional boxer.
- 6. He was once arrested for fighting in 2009 and was made to wear and electronic tag on his ankle after he was released from prison. He was also sentenced to work for 12 months (community order) and also 100 hours unpaid work,he was eventually suspended from Britain’s boxing squad after he was pulled over by the British Police for speeding and being in possession of eight ounces of herbal we*ed on him.
- 7. Anthony Joshua has a lot of fans in Nigeria,many of his Nigerian fans believe that he is Nigerian.
- 8. Anthony has a son and he is currently single.
Q: Anthony Joshua Current Net Worth?
According to Forbes,Anthony Joshua is among the world’s highest paid athletes this year,he currently has an estimated net worth of $39 million US dollars.
He also has over 12 sponsors which include Under Armour,Jaguar,Beats,StubHub,Hugo Boss,Lucozade Sport,Audemars Piguet etc.