Wells Mountain Foundation offers the Empowerment through Education Scholarship Program for secondary school leavers to study for Bachelors degree in Developing Countries for 2019 academic year.
Course Level: undergraduate
Eligible Countries; Developing Countries
Accepted Subject Areas? All fields are eligible although WMF intend to favor helping professions such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicant must be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
Number of Awards: 10 to 30 per year
What are the benefits? Maximum scholarship is $3,000 USD.
- tuition and fees
- books and materials
- room rent and meals
Method of Application:
- Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation written by someone who knows you, but is not a family member, who can tell why you deserve to receive a WMF scholarship. What qualities do you possess that will make you an excellent student, a successful graduate and a responsible citizen who will give back to his or her country? These letters of recommendation may come from a teacher, a religious leader, volunteer supervisor, or an employer.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Scholarship Application Deadline: 1st April, 2019