Cambridge Consultants is a world leader in disruptive innovation and technology-based consulting. Established in 1960, our world-class engineers, designers, scientists and consultants solve the world’s most complex engineering, technology and design problems to deliver world-firsts.
The Cambridge Consultants’ Scholarship has been established to support young people who want to apply technology to address the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Applications using data analysis, artificial intelligence, language processing, novel designs for Human Interaction or similar fields are particularly interesting to us. Your innovation can be wholly software, or some large product or service where software is just one of the important parts.
This scholarship is designed to support young leaders* who aim to use technology to address the UN Sustainable Development Goals in their own community or country.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Developing expertise in technology, software or design
- A passion for pressing sustainability issues
- A developing concept to apply technology to drive progress on the Sustainable Development Goals
We are particularly keen to connect with innovators working to address Goal 13: Climate Action, but would welcome applications from people working on:
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land
*Most One Young World scholars are between the ages of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 by the date the programme begins (10 June 2019).
Cambridge Consultants Code for Good Scholarship Benefits:
We will tailor the package of scholarship support to suit the individual and their idea. We know from our daily working lives that great ideas need individual treatment. As a guide, here’s how we will work with you.
Our initial contact is likely to focus on us getting a really good understanding of your innovation and how it will help others. We’ll work remotely, to understand your ideas and work so far, and help focus the development. We will provide remote mentoring and support from world class technical experts over several months. This includes general technical and business mentoring, and detailed advice on problem solving.
We will invite you to Cambridge (UK) to meet us, and give you direct support in developing your idea through to application. This will also give you exposure to a wide range of professionals in a world-class technology development environment.
We will tailor the details of the scholarship to suit the requirements of your project. In summary, our scholarship to expected to include:
- 3 months remote mentoring and support to develop your innovation
- Guided access to our prototype and development capabilities and laboratories
- Travel to Cambridge (UK) and accommodation for 2 weeks between 7 and 21 October
- Workplace based mentoring and support at our Cambridge (UK) headquarters
- Fully funded participation in the One Young World Summit 2019
- Support in developing, or launching and refining your innovation
The intellectual property of all work undertaken throughout the scholarship will remain your own: we want to help you innovate to help others. At the end of the scholarship, we will discuss with you whether you should seek to protect your IP in some way and help you identify the best route to market.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Scholarship Application Deadline: 3 May 2019.