Applications are invited for Hungarian Government Scholarship to undertake Master of Science degree courses (MSc) at one of the participating universities. The scholarship will cover application and tuition fees throughout the study period, basic books and notes,dormitory accommodation and subsistence costs.
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
- MSc in Plant Protection (University of Pannonia)
- MSc in Rural Development and Agribusiness (Szent István University)
- MSc in Agricultural Biotechnology (Szent István University)
The following universities and faculties are participating:
- University of Pannonia, Georgikon Faculty
- Szent István University, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
- Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Courses will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
All of the above mentioned costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007.
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
*References to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999).
Method of Application: The selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2019.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETE dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 28th 2019