The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) are awarded to students from selected countries for full-time master’s level studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2019. The scholarships cover both living costs and tuition fees.
Eligible countries: International students (especially from developing countries)
To be taken in (country): Sweden
Accepted Subject Areas: About 600 different study programs at Swedish universities are eligible for a scholarship. Priority will be given to applicants choosing study programmes with an emphasis on gender equality, sustainable development, democracy, human rights or poverty reduction.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must
- be from an eligible country
- You must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
- display academic qualifications and leadership experience.
- You must be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes..
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school studies.Read more about the selection criteria, target countries, and eligible master programmes (in link below) before applying.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 180 scholarships will be awarded
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 9,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
– a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
Duration of Scholarships: The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships is intended for full-time master’s level studies of one or two years, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
Method of Application: The application process consists of these steps.
1. Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
2. Apply for a SISS scholarship
3. Notifications from University Admissions
4. Announcement of 180 successful SI scholarship recipients
Click Here for details to how to apply
Scholarship Application Deadline:
- To begin with, apply for up to four master’s programmes from 1st December.
- Then apply for an SI scholarship beginning in February 2019.